Whew, what a whirlwind 3 days with a record 61,204 steps logged at the 63rd Summer Fancy Food Show held at the Javits Center, New York; connecting with KO clients from all over the country, friends of the agency, fellow B Corps, and some terrific new brands.
Oh, and I must admit, I did a LOT of sampling!
Who was there?
- 2,600 exhibitors; representing 55 countries from around the globe with over 180,000 different specialty food products on the floor
- 3 international pavilions including new exhibitors from Southern Africa and Lebanon, and 10 state pavilions
What were the take-aways (besides some samples to share with the KO team)?
- LOTS of talk about how Amazon’s purchase of Whole Foods might affect specialty foods. Click here to read a story by Cathy Strange, Whole Food’s global executive coordinator of specialty and product development and innovation, who shares her take on the future of specialty foods.
- Food Trends?
- It’s all about hydration! From ready-to-drink coffees and teas, to water. Water was everywhere with lots of drops to drink from coconut to cactus to chlorophyll.
- Plant based foods are gaining both in popularity and power. Evidently Mom was right!
What a terrific show, can’t wait until next year’s!