We are seeking a creative, collaborative, positive, ambitious and organized Associate Creative Director to elevate our clients’ brands, strategy, and engagement tactics.
As a leader, the ACD is responsible for daily management of multiple accounts in partnership with the Creative Director and larger account team. A skilled presenter to clients and internal team, the ACD must inspire team members at all levels and drive everyone to excellence. As a thought leader, our ideal ACD is excited about becoming an expert in our clients’ industries and audiences and bringing our unique POV to those in the agency and beyond.
This position reports directly to the agency’s Creative Director.
To be eligible for consideration, please submit a resume, cover letter and portfolio to Joe@koopmanostbo.com
Koopman Ostbo has been making a difference for brands in natural, organic, and sustainable consumer product goods category for nearly 25 years. Our commitment to building long-lasting relationships, understanding our clients’ goals and helping them succeed, and building world-class brands has made us experts in the business and audiences of natural and organic consumer products. We’re poised to help our clients change the way the world eats, drinks, and works, now and in the future, locally and internationally. We’re proud to be a certified B Corp, and are committed to using business as a force for good.
- Creative management: All day, every day. ACD works to ensure creative meets clients’ business and strategic objectives, upholds creative excellence, and shares inspiration with the larger team.
- Resource management: ACD works with the CD to assign projects to the appropriate creative team members and contractors and oversees that work.
- Knowledge development: ACD is responsible for continued deepening understanding of industry, consumer and competitive landscape, and best practices for themselves and the team.
- Team development: In collaboration with the Creative Director, ACD pro-actively manages up and down to provide insight and feedback on project status, work and team member performance. Effectively and proactively involves the Creative Director when needed
- Cross-functional teamwork: Recognizes that client team is bigger than the creative department; builds communication and capability across functions.
- Presentation and persuasion: Communicates effectively verbally as well as visually, presenting design rationale during internal/external presentations and critiques. Engages with internal senior level management and external clients.
- Genuine curiosity and desire to build team.
- Superior technical skills and the ability to draw or represent design thinking
- Working understanding of related digital disciplines such as User Experience, Content Strategy & Creation, Social Media, etc.
- Strategic chops that go beyond the aesthetic
- Experience managing an in-house team and contract writers and designers
- Strong presentation skills
- 5+ years of professional art direction or similar agency experience
- Minimum 1 year in Associate Creative Director role (or similar)
- Strong portfolio equally showcasing strategic, conceptual thinking, visual design, and storytelling
- Preference given to those with experience in food and beverage industry or the LOHAS audience.